Internationals in Leuven - Norma Juarez Collazo
Together with our partner organizations, Leuven MindGate is committed to spreading the word about the fantastic opportunities our region has to offer. We’re here to tell you - and to show you - all the reasons you should consider becoming a Leuvenaar. And who better to tell you all the reasons than international Leuvenaars themselves?
A 'MexiLeuvenaar' who loves to teach and to coach
Originally from Guadalajara, Mexico, Norma came to Leuven in 2008 to reunite with her husband. Leuven is full of good vibes and great schools. These are some of the reasons why she pursued a PhD in Educational Sciences here. Once she graduated, Norma joined UCLL as a lecturer and as a coach. After more than 14 years in Leuven, she thinks of herself as a ‘MexiLeuvenaar’.
Norma at a glance
- Length of time in the Leuven Region: +/- 14 years
- Reason for coming to Leuven: Her Dutch husband
- Favorite spot in Leuven: Many! For breakfast: Nosh and Bar Stan; For Lunch: La Frasca and Thai House; For Dinner: Peperoncino and Zarza; For cocktails/drinks: Bar Louis and Savoye
- Favorite phrase in Dutch: Gratis
- Find out more about UCLL's international connections and offerings.
- You can also find out more about working for UCLL.
- Norma mentions the language schools as well as the universities in Leuven. You can check out more here.
- In the second half of the video, we see Norma and her husband enjoying some of Leuven's many great bars and restaurants. She starts with a tasting at Angel's Share and they have dinner at Bar Louis
Discover the other Internationals in Leuven
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.