Internationals in Leuven - Basak Kebapci
Together with our partner organizations, Leuven MindGate is committed to spreading the word about the fantastic opportunities our region has to offer. We’re here to tell you - and to show you - all the reasons you should consider becoming a Leuvenaar. And who better to tell you all the reasons than international Leuvenaars themselves?
A Turkish Business Development Manager who lets the creativity flow
Basak was born and grew up in Ankara, Turkey. However, she has had the chance to visit several cities and countries, through personal, academic and entrepreneurship travel. Her main passion is initiating new concepts/ideas, doing this as part of a team, and seeing the results of these initiatives.
Basak began working for imec in May 2018, where she took a position as a business development manager. For Basak, the most fun part of her work life is its international environment that extends beyond work all the way into the streets of Leuven.
Basak at a glance
- Length of time in the Leuven Region: 4 years
- Reason for coming to Leuven: The position at imec
- Favorite spot in Leuven: The city center
- Favorite phrase in Dutch: Eet smakelijk (Have a nice meal!)
- We see Basak on the Muntstraat, a great restaurant street in Leuven. She has sushi at Wabi Sabi Sushi Bar.
- She also mentions the Oude Markt, the city's old market that is now a square filled with atmospheric bars and restaurants. Some consider it the social heart of the city.
- As she mentioned in her bio, Basak is constantly curious and letting her creative side play. You can check out some of her projects and profiles here, here, and here.
Discover the other Internationals in Leuven
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.