Visionary Seminar: A Supercharged Future
How can storage enable the energy transition?
Besides sketching what is the technological Roadmap (don’t be scared to look sufficiently far and to have a “bold” vision) for the development of these different forms of storage, it is important to provide a picture what is the role to be played by the form of storage you are dealing with in the Energy Transition and to sketch the opportunities at several aggregation levels.
This could also mean that all the messages are not necessarily convergent but this is not a major issue as it could be the start of an interesting discussion after the presentations
- - You can take part in the tour/walk through Energyville AND the Visionary Seminar
- - OR you only participate in the Visionary Seminar itself
- 15h-16h: Walk through Energyville (optional and only upon registration below)
- 15h30: Registration with refreshments
- 16h10: Welcome by Leuven MindGate
- 16h20: Introduction by Jef Poortmans (imec/EnergyVille), chairman of this event
- 16h25: Storage and its link with the Resilience of the high-RES Energy system of the future
Gerrit-Jan Schaeffer, CEO EnergyVille
- 16h50 Electrical storage technologies
Fanny Barde, Program Manager Batteries@imec/EnergyVille
- 17h15: Thermal storage technologies
Sandro Iacovella, Thermovault
- 17h40: break with sandwiches & soup
- 18h00: Chemical storage using Electroreduction of H2O and/or CO2
Metin Bulut, Business Development Manager at VITO/EnergyVille
- 18h25: Storage and Flexibility
Hannes Laget, Responsible Storage and Grid Regulation, Engie
- 18h50: Business opportunities in relation to flexibility
David Zenner, Head Customer Relations, Elia
- 19h15: Debate with all speakers or Q&A
- 19h40: Networking and reception
Unfortunately, cancellation is not possible. Replacement by a colleague is possible if notified in advance by e-mail (email@example.com)
- Leuven MindGate Members: €135 excl. VAT
- Non-Members : €175 excl. VAT
Would you like to enjoy member pricing? Become a member of Leuven MindGate!
- Under 35 years old : €75 excl. VAT
- Students: €10 incl. VAT (with proof of student/teacher card)
- Teachers: €37 incl. VAT (with proof of student/teacher card)
Students & teachers can register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with attached the required copies + your invoicing details (personal address for students).
Fee is payable after receipt of invoice.
Registration is possible until 17 May 2022.
Leuven MindGate In collaboration with IMEC & Energyville
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.