Book your seat for one of the infosessions via these links:
The deadline for our next call for applications will be September 20 2021 (midnight).
- Start it @KBC is the only no strings attached accelerator: we DO NOT ask equity, money or EXPECT you to become a customer of our partners.
- Get bigger and BIGGER:
- Grow your NETWORK: Start it @KBC represents the #1 Belgian ecosystem of startups, scale-ups mentors and experts.
- Grow your BUSINESS: Get guidance for funding, get connected to business partners and linked with our mentors and experts.
- Grow your SKILLS: Get smarter at the Start it @KBC Academy we co-create with our startups
- Grow your MARKET: Get moving thanks to our international partners, our hubs in New York and Budapest and on all continents through the GAN membership.
- Personalized coaching: We allocate a member of our team to you to advise you, to match you to our volunteer mentors and partners, and to guide you through which events, workshops and opportunities to promote your business are most relevant to you
- Boost that bootstrapping: You can use our co-working spaces in Antwerp, Brussels, Budapest, Ghent, Gyor, Hasselt, Kortrijk, Leuven, New York & Prague + get over $1 mio of perks through GAN.
Who should apply?
We're looking for:
- enthusiastic & open minded founders
- founders in all shades, genders, ages and nationalities
- businesses of all sectors and all startup to growing phases
Start it @KBC is a founder centric accelerator, tailored to the needs of motivated, business minded founders.
Please apply if you:
- have developed or are developing innovative products or services
- have the ambition, potential and drive to scale your business
We're there for all startups in all stages (ideation through to scale) and industries, as long as your business contributes positively to humanity and the world.
Want to know more?
- Watch this video to meet the Start it @KBC team.
- Get inspired by this article on how to deliver the perfect digital pitch.
- Read this WisdomWednesday post on How to launch a startup.
Start it @KBC journey & dates?
If you are applying to Start it @KBC, there are a couple of dates you need to put in your calendar:
- September 2, 8 & 14: Info sessions for you to learn more about the programme and meet the team
- September 20, midnight: deadline application round Start it @KBC
- September 21 - September 30: review team reads applications and does selection for pitchdays
- October 1 - October 3: invitations for pitchdays are sent
- October 13 & 14: digital pitchdays Start it @KBC (if your application gets selected)
- October 21 & October 22: bootcamp Start it @KBC - presence is mandatory
- 1 day per month mandatory Academy Day: more details once you are selected
- After 3 & 9 months there's a mandatory boardroom: more details once you are selected
- After 6 months there's a check in moment: more details once you are selected
- After 12 months: you become one of our alumni
Start it @KBC
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.