Health & Privacy - The impact of smart health innovation on (y)our life
(Business Seats Conference Room) - Kardinaal Mercierlaan 46 - 3001 Leuven
- € 15 for Leuven MindGate members
- € 15 for ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ members
- € 25 for non-members
Smart healthcare innovations are an asset to our lives... but what about our privacy?
Smart devices measure and monitor more and more data related to health, while more and more patients and care workers are experiencing the benefits of using this technology. Technological and digital innovations are becoming crucial drivers in the transition of healthcare, where the patient and the quality of care must be at the center.
Do we really want all kinds of companies - big and small - to know our weight, heart rate and general fitness? Are you completely comfortable with how multinationals or the government protect our data? Or is allowing technology equal to giving up a little privacy anyway?
Discover it through a multi approach at our real-life event!
During 'Health & Privacy', we want to highlight both aspects: we want to show you some fantastic innovations which can enrich our lives... but at the same time, we want to tackle the data protection issue.
Join us in a quest where health innovation meets privacy.
We showcase the latest smart health tech innovations
20 companies, from start-ups to internationally renowned world leaders, will showcase their latest smart health tech innovations. You will be able to experience their innovations through all your senses.
Discover the innovation yourself!
Take part in the future of medicine by testing your own DNA, running on a treadmill, relaxing your inner brain or simply be amazed by all the innovations that the Leuven Innovation Region has to offer.
A panel of renowned speakers share their insights
Our panel will discuss the impact of smart health innovations on your digital well-being, and more in detail about the privacy related issues which automatically enter your life.
Isabelle François is the Managing Director of Health House and will be moderating the panel discussion. With her profound background in health tech development and thanks to her moderating skills, she is the perfect person to search for deeper insights in the world of health & privacy.
- Emeritus Prof. Dr. Frank Rademakers was until recently Chief Medical Technology Officer at UZ Leuven. He had an overall responsibility for innovation and as such supported the contacts with external partners in research and industry.
- City of Leuven's alderman Thomas Van Oppens has a broad scope of responsibilities, one of which is the IT policy of the city. He introduced several technology related projects during the last few years which have an impact on the lives of almost 100,000 people.
- Wouter Van den Bosch is Program Manager & Cluster Lead Public Health at imec. The Public Health cluster aims to drive digital transformation and wants to explore how technology can be used to create new insights in personalised health pathways.
- Leïla Drake is the founder and partner of the Leuven-based law firm LegalDirect. She assists organizations and companies in their legal needs regarding, amongst others, IP, IT and privacy law. Her clients are active in various fields of technology, including health tech.
17:30 - Doors open + booths exposition
18:30 - Introduction by Leuven MindGate and ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
18:40 - Innovative smart health projects by City of Leuven
18:55 - Interactive panel discussion, with room for Q&A from the audience
20:00 - Conclusion by Leuven MindGate and ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
20:05 - Booths exposition + networking reception
Getting to the venue
You will be able to enter the venue through T1 (Tribune 1)
- By bus: it’s a 5-minute walk if you catch bus numbers 1/2/601/616 from Leuven station (Get off at bus stop Groenstraat or Naamsepoort)
- By foot: it’s a 30-minute walk from Leuven station.
- By car: you can park your car at the venue itself, at T1 or T3 parking area
- T1 = access from Kardinaal Mercierlaan 46
- T3 = access from Tervuursevest (next to Delhaize)
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.