Growth companies, corporates and research institutions are increasingly establishing comprehensive partnering strategies, building ecosystems of partners, encompassing joint-go-to-market strategies, funded development and joint development initiatives, as well as (corporate) venture capital, joint venture and M&A transactions.
Cresco has written the management book “Innovate. Collaborate. Grow!“ and developed the Corporate Partnering Framework, providing strategic and practical guidance for the analysis, design, negotiation and implementation of a broad range of corporate partnering transactions.
Cresco offers eight Corporate Partnering Master Classes to the members of Leuven MindGate, diving into a variety of topics.
You can find the details of the various masterclasses below. You can subscribe for one or multiple masterclasses through this link
Masterclass 8 - Buy and Sell Side Mergers & Acquisitions
20th of June '23 - Leuven
The ultimate corporate partnering arrangement consists of companies being purchased for their technology, business and talent by corporates or private equity firms.
Instead of being purchased, companies should also consider designing and implementing a buy and build strategy to expand through strategic acqui- sitions of other businesses that offer innovative synergies and solutions.
- Structuring of terms of acquisition, from price determination through all other relevant deal terms
- Design of performance and earn-out arrangements on buy and sell side, and associated management autonomy requirements
- Use of equity as (part of) purchase price when being a target or acquirer
What will you learn:
- How to mitigate and reduce transaction risk by designing and negotiating elaborate M&A term sheets
- How to maximize the purchase price and other material deal terms
- How to ensure that performance and earn-out arrangements are structured in a balanced and fair manner
- How to use equity as valuable currency when executing a buy-and-build strategy
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.