Growth companies, corporates and research institutions are increasingly establishing comprehensive partnering strategies, building ecosystems of partners, encompassing joint-go-to-market strategies, funded development and joint development initiatives, as well as (corporate) venture capital, joint venture and M&A transactions.
Cresco has written the management book “Innovate. Collaborate. Grow!“ and developed the Corporate Partnering Framework, providing strategic and practical guidance for the analysis, design, negotiation and implementation of a broad range of corporate partnering transactions.
Cresco offers eight Corporate Partnering Master Classes to the members of Leuven MindGate, diving into a variety of topics.
You can find the details of the various masterclasses below. You can subscribe for one or multiple masterclasses through this link.
Masterclass 7 - Joint Ventures and Consortia
23rd of May '23 - Leuven
Companies increasingly establish partnerships through joint ventures, providing capital, assets or other resources.
The establishment of a successful corporate joint venture requires a lot of hard preparatory work of the partners to design, structure and negotiate all relevant joint venture arrangements.
A consortium is a multiparty joint venture which can be exponentially more difficult to structure.
- Contribution of capital, assets and other resources
- Development and commercialization arrangements with joint venture or consortium partners
- Funding milestones and decision making with joint venture or consortium partners
- Governance and conflict resolution arrangements
- Exit scenarios and exit transition planning
What will you learn:
- How to structure and negotiate the contributions to the joint venture
- How to establish development and commercialization arrangements
- How to agree on funding, governance and conflict resolution
- How to appropriate plan for an exit from or of the joint venture or consortium
- How to ensure continuity of the JV business
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.