Growth companies, corporates and research institutions are increasingly establishing comprehensive partnering strategies, building ecosystems of partners, encompassing joint-go-to-market strategies, funded development and joint development initiatives, as well as (corporate) venture capital, joint venture and M&A transactions.
Cresco has written the management book “Innovate. Collaborate. Grow!“ and developed the Corporate Partnering Framework, providing strategic and practical guidance for the analysis, design, negotiation and implementation of a broad range of corporate partnering transactions.
Cresco offers eight Corporate Partnering Master Classes to the members of Leuven MindGate, diving into a variety of topics.
You can find the details of the various masterclasses below. You can subscribe for one or multiple masterclasses through this link.
Masterclass 3 - Funded Development and Joint Development
24th of January '23 - Leuven
Funded development enables a company to realize its product roadmap through customer engagements, with such developments being fully or partially funded by the client.
Joint development allows for the innovation and development of business models through the establishment of co-creation technology partnerships.
- Funded development as (non-dilutive) source of financing for product development.
- Techniques to maintain ownership of core products in funded development relationships.
- Joint development as integral element of the business models.
- Design and structuring of bilateral joint development relationships.
What will you learn:
- How to make your customers finance the development of your product while retaining ownership
- How to use joint development as a manner to generate new intellectual property
- How to maintain IP rights on jointly developed products for monetization purposes
- How to appropriately manage governance, oversight, risks and rewards
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.