Team Leader - Cleanroom Operations
Are you passionate about leading and developing high-performing teams in a fast-paced operational setting? Do you thrive on inspiring individuals to overcome daily challenges and achieve outstanding results? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
LanguageEnglish - Deutsch
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec is a leading global player in chip R&D, operating a state-of-the-art 300mm R&D Pilot Line. As a team leader, you will be at the forefront of empowering your team to excel in teamwork to deliver value on time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and coaching your team members to meet daily challenges related to safety, quality, volume, and learning speed.
- Taking care of the personal development of your team members.
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of the processes (materials, machines, methods) in your area of responsibility.
- Maintaining a strong presence in your area of responsibility to stay informed about ongoing operations.
- Achieving various targets within your area and the operations department, ensuring quality delivery on time.
- Managing your team in the short term (in a highly operational and service-oriented manner) and the long term (guidance in change/improvement projects).
- Understanding the customer's needs in a constantly changing environment and leading change projects to improve safety, quality, speed of learning, and volume performance.
- Building good relationships of trust with various departments and collaborating closely with them.
- Contributing to the growth of the FAB Operations department as a member of the FAB Operations management team.
- Representing the FAB Operations department in various forums.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market-based salary with many fringe benefits.
Who are you
You have a master’s degree, preferably in engineering, and have several years of experience in coaching a team.
- Process & quality driven problem solver: You manage multiple priorities with a proactive “can do” attitude, driving projects to closure and handling many simultaneous small projects/improvement tracks in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical thinker: You quickly detect and define problems, setting up coherent action plans and coaching problem-solving.
- Flexible work schedule: As your team members work in shifts, you will follow an early-late shift system and work one weekend out of five weeks.
- International environment: You feel right at home in our international environment where English is the primary language, and you have a good level of communicating in Dutch.
Remember, we are excited about your potential and ambition to grow. So, if you are not sure you meet all the criteria, don't let that stop you. We'll be there to support your development with our training programs.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.