R&D Engineer Exploratory Patterning Materials
Supporting lithography scaling with EUV patterning materials
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
You will be a member of the Exploratory Patterning Materials team, part of the Advanced Patterning department, responsible for research and development of EUV patterning materials.
- You will facilitate and help the EUV photoresist and underlayers R&D activities in collaboration with imec’s patterning material suppliers.
- You will own and drive Joint Development Projects (JDP’s) with various material and equipment suppliers to support the Advanced Patterning Process program needs
- You will work effectively with material and equipment suppliers to identify issues, propose and evaluate material and process modification to meet needs and goals.
- You will develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and in-house tools.
- You will guide MS/Ph.D. students.
- You will travel domestically and/or internationally, as necessary to support job responsibilities.
- You will identify potential intellectual properties (IP) opportunities, file disclosures, give presentations at conferences, and write the articles for scientific and technical journals.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry or Material engineering or equivalent by experience.
- You have knowledge of and experience in lithography and photoresist.
- You are hands-on and willing to work in the cleanroom on a regular basis.
- You have outstanding communication skills to work successfully in an international dynamic team environment.
- You have good networking skills.
- You are willing to share your knowledge with our partners.
- You are an enthusiastic entrepreneur and you enjoy pioneering work.
- You have technical problem-solving skills and should be able to multitask.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.