Process & Support Assistant
You are responsible for the coordination and part-time operation of high-tech equipment in the cleanroom. Together with your colleagues you monitor the quality of the production steps and ensure that the targets for cycle time, quality, safety and volume are met.
What you will do
Your responsibility? To be the first-line support of operational, technical, process and hardware issues with the processes and machines in our cleanrooms. Those are not just any machines by the way, they’re the best in the world. And you’re the one who keeps them up and running.
That means you and your colleagues enable our researchers to make prototypes of the technologies that will improve the lives of millions. As a team, you monitor the quality of the production steps and make sure that the targets for safety, quality, speed and volume are met.
- You’re the first point of contact for the troubleshooting, maintenance and follow-up of the processes
- You search and find solutions for hardware problems or process-related issues. Or you perform the first troubleshooting. Together with our engineers, you analyze how to avoid these problems and try to find a sustainable solution.
- You develop and optimize our OCAP (Out of Control Action Plan) and the ‘first-aid’ procedures for hardware or processes when necessary.
- You capture recurring problems and find structural solutions. Or you escalate complex problems with clear problem descriptions to the engineers
- You come up with ideas to improve the safety, quality and efficiency of the devices you operate.
- You organize trainings for your fellow operators and test their qualifications.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market-based salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a professional Bachelor in a preferably technical oriented (chemistry or electromechanics).
- You preferably have a first relevant experience in a technical position.
- Newly graduated bachelors are certainly encouraged to apply!
- You are a strong planner and you would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You certainly know how to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- You have a high drive to work in a highly motivated and multicultural environment.
- Given the international character of Imec, a good knowledge of English is a must.
- You are willing to work in a fully continuous system (4 shift regime)
SectorElectronics & Engineering
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.