Principle Member of Technical Staff Multiphysics Microsystems
Driving technology innovation and ensure the required technical quality in the running projects
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Within imec’s Sensors and Actuators Technology department we are looking for a Principle Member of Technical Staff in the area of MEMS design and characterization. In this role you are responsible for driving technology innovation and ensure the required technical quality in the running projects.
Your responsibilities are:
- Drive the Sense & Actuate roadmap in the area of MEMS
- Ensure creation of innovative MEMS device concepts, modeling and characterization techniques and applications
- Identify competence gaps and define proposals to close them
- Ownership of the technical content of development project proposals, both for internal and external customers
- Translate application requirements into technical specifications
- Work with adjacent competence domains to strengthen imec’s proposition
- Identify collaboration partners, both in- and outside imec
- Continuous benchmarking of our technology with competitors in the field
- Publish your results in high-impact journals and conferences.
- Create patent applications
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a team player and have experience with architectural-style thinking. You are passionate about technology development and are motivated by new challenges. You have a technical background in the field of sensing & actuation technologies and demonstrate solid technical understanding of the application domains. You benchmark your work with state-of-the-art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
To qualify for this challenging position, you:
- Have a PhD degree (minimum a Master’s degree) or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering or Physics
- Have about 10 years of relevant R&D experience; a strong technical background in the field of sensing & actuation technologies
- Have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers.
- Given the international character of imec, an excellent command of English is mandatory.
- Have a relevant international network in companies, research institutes and/or academia.
- Enjoy working in multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.