What you will do
As part of our growing PDK team, you will help develop Process Design Kits (PDKs) for imec technologies available on silicon and for our cutting edge pathfinding technologies (CFET, Forksheets, MRAMs).
You will apply your expertise to enable and deploy the PDKs, including development, qualification, automation, and support, as well as evaluation and development of new tools & flows.
You will collaborate closely with design teams, compact modelling researchers and our silicon technology team to develop and verify the PDKs.
- Development, maintenance and improvement of process design kits (PDK)
- Device and simulation enablement in the commonly used EDA tools (i.e. Cadence): creation of libraries, Devices CDF, Callbacks
- Enablement of Technology File, Schematic Pcell , Physical Verification Decks (DRC, LVS, PEX)
- Creation of PDK related documentations (e.g. Library specifications and data books)
- Development, maintenance and improvement of PDK-QA flows
- Customer support (internal and external ) for PDK related questions
- Ongoing enhancement of existing PDKs with new devices
- Responsibility for usage, update and documentation of PDK relevant software tools (e.g. PDK scripts, conversion tools, etc…)
- Development of test benches for simulation
- Administration and maintenance of the environment
- Development of necessary/helpful applications for all working environments (Unix-Workstation, PCs)
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Strong experience in PDK development : enablement of custom design kits including Virtuoso schematic environment, layout pCell generation, DRC/LVS, etc
- Aptitude for programming/automation and scripting languages: Cadence SKILL , Perl, Python
- Knowledge of circuit design with emphasis on SPICE simulation test bench creation
- Understanding of CMOS process technologies and mask layout design
- Basic knowledge about statistical behaviour of silicon devices due to process tolerances and their statistical modelling
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work interdisciplinary across teams in an international environment
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.