3D Development Engineer
Join the 3D team at imec’s R&D headquarters located in the heart of Europe and help in revolutionizing next-generation integrated 3D systems as development engineer.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Your mission as a development engineer in the 3D integration team will be to define the integration flows for 3D stacking of devices.
- A wide range of applications (memory-on-memory, logic-on-memory, imager stacking, Low Temperature devices, ...) are the target scope within the 3D program and bilateral projects. You will support a lead integration engineer with the execution of the specific project(s).
- As member of the 3D integration team, you are responsible for a streamlined support by interacting with your colleague integration engineers and process assistants but also with the process development, metrology and defectivity engineers. You will be responsible for implementing the defined process splits in the process flows.
- You will follow-up on the processing of test material, collect and analyze performance data. You report results mainly internally but as well as to customers. You will be supported in your task by a process assistant, but will be expected to take a significant hands on role within the clean room.
- You report on a regular base to your team leader, project manager on the obtained results.
- Good communication and interaction within the 3D Technology department as well as with Fab operations and process development unit, is a major requirement for this job.
- You will operate from imec’s HQ located close to Brussels in the heart of Europe.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree, or equivalent industrial experience, with a focus on semiconductor process technology and have/or are interested in learning semiconductor integration and device characterization techniques.
- We are looking for your 1+ years’ experience in semiconductor processing or integration. Industrial experience is a bonus.
- We value an enthusiastic team player who is able to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- We need your excellent English communication skills and is interest to work in a multicultural environment.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.