Wirebonding technician will execute wirebonding requests on both automatic and manual wirebonding set-ups. this involves assessment of the bonding schema, tuning of process parameters, placement of chip on pcb or package and placing wirebonds to connect the chip with the package or pcb.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, energy, education, etc.
To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a wire bonding technician.
The META group is part of the Fab organization in imec, responsible for electrical test and chip assembly. The BODI team in the META group delivers assembly services to the R&D organization and therefore contributes directly to the success of many research programs in imec. The BODI team’s main responsibilities are wafer dicing and the assembly of chips on PCB’s and packages. The chip assembly involves thorough understanding of the wiring scheme of the assembly request, executing the request, and doing final inspection. To ensure high quality the operation takes place in a clean-room environment. The team consists of wire bonding technicians and wafer dicing technicians that closely collaborate with the R&D teams to achieve high quality results.
What you will do
Your responsibility will be to:
- Interact with the internal R&D customer to understand and analyze the assembly request
- Search for and propose the correct solution for the given chip and package or PCB.
- Perform the die bonding of the chip, using the correct mounting parameters
- Select the proper wirebonding tool and process parameters for the application and execute the request.
- Perform the final inspection via microscope and optionally do a destructive quality test. (pull & shear test)
- Deliver the request with the proper feedback to the customer
- For some requests SMD components need to be mounted
- After a training period you will be able to work with all the available tools in the wirebonding area. (manual and automatic wirebonder, ovens, die mounter, inspection microscope, pull & shear tester)
- You will execute assembly requests on a manual and automatic wire bonding tool.
- You provide technical support to R&D users who wire bond their own samples.
- You are responsible for making sure the tools are properly maintained and regular preventive maintenance is executed.
- You oversee overall safety in the wire bonding room, making sure safety procedures are kept up to date and followed.
- You take charge of the management of the consumables stock (packages, needles, wires, ...).
- When new tools are installed, you do the qualification and bring the tool into production.
- After receiving the required training, you will train other users in the correct use of the assembly area tools (ovens, pull & shear test, manual wire bonder)
- You look out for operational and quality improvements and collaborate with the team to implement them.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion, and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Ideally you have experience with the wire bonding process.
- You have basic understanding of discrete electronic components.
- Ideally you have experience with automatic or semi-automatic wire bonding tools.
- You enjoy technical and hands-on precision work.
- You are customer and service oriented.
- You have an eye for detail; you can follow a procedure to execute a complex task.
- You are a pragmatic problem solver; you like to find practical solutions and implement them.
- You are a team player; you are eager to learn from others but also easily share your own knowledge and expertise.
- You have a basic understanding of and can express yourself in English.
- You are fluent with pc and MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) to perform administrative tasks.
- Education in a technical field is a plus.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.