Test Engineer for Advanced Imaging Systems
Quality control, software scripting and data analysis
SectorElectronics & Engineering
Test Engineer for Advanced Imaging Systems
What you will do
Within imec’s Systems & Solutions, LifeSciences and Sense & Actuate departments, we focus on the development of novel technologies for industrial and medical systems, built on top of imec technology differentiators. Current projects vary from lens free holographic imaging, hyperspectral imaging and other computational imaging systems that are tuned to specific customer requirements. Such technologies require a multidisciplinary approach within a team that has expertise in software, electronics, optics, and a drive to get things done. To support the growth of these activities, we are looking for a motivated test engineer with a strong interest in quality control, software scripting and data analysis. You will work in the operations team which brings cutting-edge technology to the market.
Initially, the focus will be on improving the characterization and testing of our hyperspectral sensors and cameras, but in a later phase, industrialization of other advanced imaging systems can also become part of your job. The imaging systems typically include different components, such as camera boards, imaging sensors, optical filters, and a lens. These components require accurate characterization and both component-level and system-level testing to ensure high quality of the end-products. To enable characterization and testing, monochromators, integrating spheres, illumination setups, spectrometers, different types of lenses, translation stages, ... are available in the test and measurement lab.
You will first gain hands-on experience with the current test setups and available data acquisition and analysis tools. Next, you will create, improve and maintain the applications for the operators, implement quantitative quality checks throughout the entire production process and generate quality reports at each stage. On the job you will find yourself surrounded by a strong team of skilled and professional colleagues, in a friendly environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning, streamlining and maintaining the operational test and characterization flow.
- Integrating the acquisition, data analysis and quality reporting software into one user-friendly, reliable and version-controlled application.
- Developing and implementing new component- and system-level quality checks with quantitative pass/fail criteria.
- Generating well-structured quality reports and batch reports for internal use or for sharing with our customers.
- Guaranteeing the quality of the operational processes by introducing the acquisition and analysis of regularly repeated reference measurements.
- Enhancing traceability by versioning both software and hardware
- Testing and releasing of new software and hardware versions.
- Documenting the operational procedures and hardware setups.
- Performing statistics on the quality to further improve the acceptance criteria at the different stages of the operational process.
- Collaborating with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design, systems, SW and R&D teams.
- Training of the operator(s), gathering his/her feedback and reviewing his/her work.
- Spotting, formulating and keeping track of improvement opportunities and implementing these in the day-to-day operations.
- Working with our hyperspectral camera systems to gain insights in the impact of the component-level characterization accuracy on the system-level quality.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master of Engineering in Electronics or equivalent through experience.
- Experienced in multi-component systems testing and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Eager to learn about the basics of the underlying technology, physics, optics, mechanics, ...
- Strong scripting skills, fluent in MATLAB and/or python. Data visualisation and analysis expertise is a must.
- Analytical mind to deal with complex problems and large amounts of information.
- Motivated to create, implement and enforce procedures from a passion about quality and structure.
- A team player with excellent communication and convincing skills and fluent in English.
- Enthusiastic to drive projects to a higher level. Manage time effectively according to strict operations schedules.
- Well organized and a good planner.
Nice to have
- Strong interest in and affinity with imaging
- Experience with vision systems
- Experience with testing of optical systems
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.