Take your research career to the next level with our tenure track position! Convince us with your innovative research idea, linked to one of the imec expertise domains and get the unique opportunity to build out an impactful research theme with your own research team!
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Develop an ambitious and innovative research program complementary with or within imec's expertise domains.
- Starting from 2 PhD students and 1 post doc, build and manage a strong research team and make it grow! You will hire, support and mentor this team in their research activities.
- Acquire competitive project financing and build out a network of collaboration both within and outside of imec.
- Strive for research excellence, publish on the highest scientific level and leave your scientific mark on sustainable progress.
What we do for you
In short, we will be the catalyst of your groundbreaking research. We offer you research freedom in combination with a permanent contract and the necessary financial possibilities to build out your research idea. We’ll give you the opportunity to hire 2 PhD students and a postdoc as members of your research team. You will also have access to our unique state-of-the-art facilities and to our network of industrial partners. Working at imec, an inspiring high-tech environment, you will receive the most advanced engineering support.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for an ambitious researcher with a PhD degree, recent postdoc experience(s), and minimum 5 years of research experience.
- We value your outstanding record of research achievements and publications in top-quality journals.
- We admire your ability to pursue a program of innovative research and a strong commitment to mentor and inspire students.
- We appreciate your experience in project management and proposal writing. An assigned or running ERC grant is a plus but not a requirement.
- We are looking for your strong desire to learn and expand your skill set.
- We value your ability to evaluate technical risk and drive decision-making.
- You have excellent English communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external stakeholders.
How to apply
Apply with your CV and research proposal.
- CV incl. list of publications and h-index. If applicable: list of your current, ongoing and submitted grants; patent(s); invited presentations; awards or prizes
- Written presentation of your research proposal (max 5 pages) containing the following elements:
- Research plan/timing
- How does this fit within the imec mission?
Deadline for application is 15 November 2023.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.