Technical support analyst
Are you passionate about the technical development and service delivery of innovative digital innovations in the mobility domain? Do you enjoy immersing yourself in functional and technical content? Do you enjoy working and partnering with experts, software architects, developers, as well as other internal and external stakeholders? If you also have experience in the mobility and automotive sector, you could be the technical expert we are looking for!
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As a high-tech research center that is partially publicly funded, imec carries a responsibility to ensure global as well as local impact. imec’s EDiT (Enabling Digital Transformations) department plays a prominent role in achieving societal & economic impact by conducting demand-driven R&D, in collaboration with authorities, other imec divisions, (academic) research institutes, companies, and citizens’ organizations. Our mission is to focus on the most complex challenges (‘wicked problems’) in 3 key domains: Sustainable & Urban Environments, Mobility & Logistics and Health. We are guided by an “Open for Impact” vision, which puts an emphasis on sharing all that we learn as open knowledge, open source, and open data. Read more about our activities on https://www.imec.be/nl. ;
The technical analyst assists new Mobilidata partners - automotive partners, app developers of commercial ITS and/or mobility applications, knowledge institutions, governments, emergency services, public transport - in connecting to the Mobilidata platform and services. She/he supports the technical onboarding of these partners and solves the technical hurdles or barriers for these parties to connect to the platform.
The technical analyst Mobilidata works closely with the stakeholder manager, who is responsible for establishing and maintaining the relationships with the various parties, to onboard new Mobilidata partners together. He/she will follow up on technical questions, support requests and suggestions from customers, suppliers or key stakeholders and will improve service delivery towards these partners. Together with the stakeholder manager, the technical analyst sets up a framework within which support is provided. This also includes the development of technical documentation & tools about the system architecture, standards, protocols, ... which will give guidance on how to connect to the Mobilidata platform. In addition, he/she monitors a number of KPIs on services that are delivered and makes proposals for continious improvement.
- Capturing needs, questions, suggestions of (future) partners during their onboarding to Mobilidata
- Developing technical recommendations and solutions
- Informing, advising and providing technical support to customers or partners of the ecosystem
- Providing assistance during the implementation of technical solutions
- Support the stakeholder manager in establishing and maintaining relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Collect, build and organize technical documentation and product information
- Build and maintain subject and product knowledge around Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS) and Connected Cooperative and Automated Mobility (CCAM).
What is Mobilidata
Mobilidata uses innovative technological solutions to enable safer, more efficient, and sustainable traffic in Flanders, much needed to lower the number of casualties in traffic on the one hand, and to reach international sustainability goals on the other.
Mobilidata focuses on co-creation of technological solutions with policy makers, businesses, researchers, and road users. In a public-private cooperation, the program is deploying intelligent traffic light controllers to optimize traffic flows, and to service specific road users, like emergency services, with a priority green light. Futhermore, Mobilidata is going to assist road users with personalized traffic advice and warnings. These will be available for all: car and truck drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists.
Trustworthy and high-quality data are key in the deployment of all Mobilidata use cases. Mobilidata aims to set the standard in data quality for future smart traffic solutions, such as autonomous driving. The realization of these technological mobility solutions and data is done within the program in co-creation with partners that have extensive expertise in traffic technology.
Mobilidata is a program set up by several Flemish government institutions and supported by strategic research center imec. The program is funded by the Flemish and European government.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Must have skills and experience
- Hands-on experience with integrations of real-time data / data management overall
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art API and integration technology on the market
- Mastery at professional level of the English language. Knowledge of Dutch, French and additional languages are an advantage.
- Customer-oriented and communicative both orally and in writing
- Be able to translate complex technical information into tangible guidance so that the customer can get the most out of the service
- Be constructive, solution oriented and help to continuously improve
- Willing to undertake short EU (day) trips on an occasional to regular basis
Should have traits and experience
- Willingness and motivation to grow as a technical expert in C-ITS and CCAM
- Experience in providing technical support and knowledge of service management such as ITIL
- Possess a network of potential Mobilidata partners or have the motivation to help build this network by providing technical support for the onboarding of these partners
- Patience: collaboration can be a long process.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.