Team Leader – Imager Component Integration
Are you up to inspire an integration team working on innovative and challenging topics in the imager field?
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced and driven integration engineer who can oversee imec’s imager component integration team. The team is composed of senior and junior process integration engineers working in various bilateral, funded, and exploratory projects in the field of hyperspectral imaging, quantum dot based thin film infrared detectors, wafer reconstitution and graphene for imager applications.
With your team, you will develop and implement novel process flows on 200 and 300 mm wafer fabrication platforms. In collaboration with the design and device teams, you will be responsible for inventing and implementing process flows and working closely with unit step development engineers to create new process modules.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- You will be supervising the imager component integration team in the Technology Integration and Prototyping (TIP) department. The team is responsible for designing and implementing process flows in the field of specialty imager components.
- With your strong background on fabrication and integration, you provide technical guidance to the team to overcome technical and operational roadblocks.
- You prioritize to achieve major milestones and make sure the work is executed according to agreed customer timelines.
- You assign team members to tasks according to the scope, complexity and competency.
- You oversee all the activities carried out by the team, monitor progress and adjust where needed.
- You communicate status and issues to your peers, customers, as well as the management team at imec.
- You communicate and interact effectively with the other groups within imec, e.g. application groups and fab operations
- You implement and monitor the Human Resources (HR) processes in the team (eg. setting goals, coaching, evaluation)
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits such as bike allowances, partner coaching, parental leave
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree (or PhD, preferred) in physics, applied sciences or engineering,
- You have experience in fabrication of sensors and actuators (eg. optical filter, flat lense, 3D integration, MEMS, wafer reconstitution)
- You show excellent communication and reporting skills to interface with internal and external customers
- You have strong organizational skills and show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assured, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show proven problem-solving skills and have a pro-active attitude.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.