Team Lead SEM/TEM service team
As Team Leader of the SEM/TEM service, you coach a diverse team of electron microscopy people and engineers.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
The Team Leader is responsible for the daily management of a team of ca. 15 – 20 people. Together with your team of experts you provide a service based on electron microscopy characterization and enable a predictive tool performance and availability.
You motivate and coach your team and you ensure the best training and selection of staff. You draw up the planning of your team, both regarding the commitment of your team members and the maintenance schedule of the machines. Together with your team you live up to the current objectives and you constantly seek for improvements. You communicate with the research divisions, and you ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Your industry experience will help you to optimize the SEM/TEM service in an operational environment. Efficient solutions for day-to-day problems regarding resource management, tool performance and delivering value on time are your first focus. Your practical experience in characterization techniques is crucial to manage goals, milestones, set the right priorities and ensure high quality processes for your team. You enjoy leading your team with solid knowledge, clear goals and up to date work planning. Being a communicative people manager, you motivate your team to reach challenging milestones. You ensure the daily collaboration with customers, engineering, operations as well as equipment suppliers run smoothly.
Your key responsibilities are:
- You manage the team resources to optimally support the requests from various stakeholders.
- You coach the team resources towards enhanced skill levels.
- Your also manage a team of hardware engineers and process aspects of a number of machines that are used for characterization of processes and materials
- Securing tool stability by implementing and following up on the right process controls.
- You are in contact with equipment suppliers.
- Follow up of the day-to-day activities linked to the SEM/TEM service
- You are responsible for achieving the different targets set within the department: ensure delivering value on time towards our internal and external customers.
- You are responsible for identifying, initiating and implementation of operational efficiency improvements.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness, and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You obtained preferably a Master's degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences.
You are an inspirational people manager, inspiring trust and confidence. You are enthusiastic to take up challenges and empower your team members to reach ambitious objectives together. Your former experience in guiding and coaching people will be used on a daily basis.
The more you recognize yourself in these following skills, the better:
- You have experience in in leading a team
- Relevant (hands-on) experience in material characterization and microscopy in a production environment.
- Communication superstar with an agile mindset: You enjoy sharing knowledge and technical information with comfort and clarity. You can build bridges between different departments and stakeholders (e.g. Unit process development, Process Engineering, operations). You easily switch from a hands-on and tactical level to a more strategic level.
- Process & quality driven problem solver: You manage multiple priorities with a proactive “can do” attitude. Thanks to your result-oriented and sense of urgency, you can drive projects to closure in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical thinker: You quickly detect and define problems. You can set-up a coherent action plans and coach problem solving.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together 4,500 brilliant minds from over 90 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a prominent player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.