As our Tape-out and lay-out engineer, you will play a key role to support IC designs that involve advanced technologies for logic scaling, Si Photonics, Imagers, Life Science, GaN Power and other specialties.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec leads the way in developing new technologies and technology platforms to enable novel devices, systems and applications.
With scaling of CMOS technologies slowing down, photonics, fluidics, wafer-stacking, heterogenous integration become more and more important. Within our DST (Design Support and Tape-out) team, we enable the design of new and innovative ICs that will empower the use of such technologies for new applications.
In this position, you will play a key role to support IC designs that involve advanced technologies for logic scaling, Si Photonics, Imagers, Life Science, GaN Power and other specialties.
- As tape-out and lay-out engineer, you are involved in critical tasks that need to translate design files in mask data. These data will be utilized to manufacture masks and reticles that will be used in imec or external FABs.
- After an extensive training by our team, you will get increasing responsibility in executing below tasks:
- Review incoming lay-outs and perform DRC.
- Prepare the mask data and order the masks.
- Support lay-out of specific design structures.
- Support PDK (Process Design Kit) activities
- Compile documentation for mask introduction in our Pilot Line.
- Interact with mask vendors for ordering and delivery of the masks..
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor or higher degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- You have some years of experience in lay-outing.
- Your good knowledge of Cadence Virtuoso, Mentor Calibre and Synopsys CATS will be an advantage.
- You are accurate and focused to deliver results meeting specific targets and deadlines.
- You are enthusiastic, eager to learn, have a sense of urgency and a flexible attitude.
- You can work independently, customer minded and with respect for timelines.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.