A software engineering position to create dedicated software solutions for semiconductor electrical testing on innovative, state-of-the-art silicon technologies.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
The Compute and Memory Device (CMD) department focuses on the research and development of nonvolatile memory semiconductor technologies (e.g., STT-MRAM, Ferroelectric, FLASH, etc...), for both embedded and standalone applications. All these technologies call for diverse and dedicated test infrastructures. To further strengthen our operations, we are currently looking for a software developer with confirmed experience in C/C++ and Python development. You will support R&D operations, interacting closely with Characterization researchers and Design&Test support teams, to create project-specific test solutions.
In detail, you will:
- Design, create, debug and maintaining new and preexisting software infrastructures for test of semiconductor memories.
- Contribute to the design and debug of custom test hardware and all associated developments.
- Work closely with Characterization researchers and Design&Test support teams to develop technology-specific test solutions.
- Additional responsibilities may also include developing and implementing data postprocessing solutions, as well as devising new methods to reduce test time while
- maintaining test completeness.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a M. Sc degree or equivalent in the area of software engineering, automation or a closely related discipline.
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Basic skills:
- C / C++
- Perl and Python
- Embedded systems knowledge (e.g., Arduino / RaspberryPI programming, RTOS techniques, etc...)
- Basic analog and digital electronics design skills.
- Elements of digital and analog e-testing.
- Possessing the following skills will constitute a definite advantage:
- Knowledge of parsers and grammars.
- Matlab / Octave
- Practical techniques of GUI design
- LabView and / or C#
- MS Azure / SharePoint APIs.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.