What will you do
- Defines & facilitates sustainability strategy.
- Knowledgeable about local and international sustainability trends.
- Frameworks/standards, certificates, ....
- Represents Imec sustainability initiatives at (inter)national fora. (SEMI, SAC, EC DG Connect, ...).
- Defines & facilitates implementation sustainability operational plan and KPI.
- CO2 dashboard.
- Yearly sustainability report.
- Takes care sustainability KPI information is available, up to date and easy to access.
- Corporate sustainability BSC.
- ESG reporting. (CSRD)
- Triggers effective internal & external sustainability communication.
- Including internal sustainability community.
- Facilitates audits and questionnaires with regards to sustainability.
- Is first point of contact for questions with regards to sustainability from partners. Enables lessons learned.
- Facilitates/enables internal bottom-up sustainability initiatives.
- Facilitates/enables sustainability awareness in imec operations and R&D activities.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Advising (C-level) clients on insights and strategies related to long-term value and/or corporate strategies in general.
- Advising (C-level) clients on insights and strategies related to sustainability, including climate change risk, (climate) impact measurement and management, EHS risk and compliance, and responsible investment.
- Strong Experience in Environmental Management and Engineering.
- Proven track record in ESG strategy and non-financial reporting frameworks.
- Exposure to regulatory reporting.
- Knowledge of the CSRD (Corporate Social Responsibility Directive) and the EU taxonomy.
- Working and effectively communicating with team members with different technical backgrounds.
- Development of other team members by sharing knowledge, delegating work, and (in)formal coaching and counselling.
- Degree in a relevant discipline, for example engineering, sustainable development, environmental science, chemistry or finance and economics: relevant professional qualifications are an advantage.
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and trends and how they link to business value.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.