Sr. Mask Design and Tapeout Engineer
Mask design, data preparation, and automation for imec tapeout and R&D
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- You will be working in Tapeout, masks and automation (TMA) team.
- You will work hands-on for imec test-site tape-out activities including floor planning, layout, data preparation, mask orders and follow up of mask status and deliveries.
- You will explore various R&D activities such as novel DFM and data handling for cutting-edge technologies (e.g. Logic N3 and beyond, advanced Memory, Photonics, Biotechnology and etc.).
- You will own various development/enablement projects such as data prep automation and coach junior engineers technically.
- You will closely interact with imec design, OPC, patterning and integration teams as well as various external partners such as EDAs and mask-shops.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits such as bike allowances, partner coaching, parental leave
Who you are
- You hold a PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science with 3~5 years of relevant industry experience, or a master with more than 7 years of relevant industry experience.
- You have excellent programming skills and experience with Unix or Linux environments (Perl, TCL, ...)
- We consider knowledge of following expertise as a plus:
- DFM (dummy fill)
- Layout design
- Semiconductor and microelectronics process flows
- Cadence Virtuoso, Mentor Calibre, Mentor SmartFill, Synopsys CATS
- Mask design flow, layout, floor planning, DRC/MRC verification
- Photolithography process step in semiconductor manufacturing flow
- We appreciate your proactiveness, flexibility and your drive to focus on delivery high quality results in-time.
- You are proactive and can work without supervision, but at the same time you should be able to work together with others
- Your experience in managing R&D projects and your passion for research drives you to successfully finishing them.
- You are fluent in English and have good reporting/communication skills.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.