sr Business Development Manager Imaging
Create and grow R&D collaborations within the segment of leading companies focusing on new differentiating technologies for next generation imaging technology, systems & solutions.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Within the business segment of imaging companies and the associated eco-system, we address those partners that have specific technology & system needs to drive their innovation in imaging technologies and related systems. We offer different business models ranging from collaboration with multiple partners to dedicated development and creation of new ventures.
As a Business Development Manager, your main tasks will be to (1) define a go-to-market plan for the imec imaging portfolio, (2) drive the generation of new business and manage this funnel across the lifecycle of the opportunities (3) overview the collaboration management. Examples of these responsibilities include:
- Define and convert the go-to-market approach into customer collaboration leveraging imec’s different business models, including its open innovation programs, bilateral projects, government funded projects and venturing.
Selection of the relevant offering, price setting, business model, IP model
- Define and prioritize target customers and customer segments
Initiate discussions with the help of our partnership managers in the regions and drive towards a proposal phase
- Drive new business opportunities from lead qualification to creation of the business case for review by the management team, and eventually be responsible for closing the contract with the customer in close collaboration with our legal & IP team.
- You steer the marketing efforts to communicate imec offering to the world (conference, webinars, Press Release, testimonials). You also implement actions to give feedback to the technical team on the technical offerings and you setup actions to monitor customer satisfaction
- On top, you will (4) contribute to imec’s imaging offering definition, in close collaboration with imec portfolio managers, mapping research and solution roadmaps onto market needs.
- You report to the head of imec Sense and Actuate segment on the funnel of business opportunities and revenue projection for the current and coming years projections.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- You have a master's degree with strong business acumen and customer orientation.
- You have a proven track record in sales and/or business development, preferably in the imaging technology market.
- You thrive at multi-tasking, as you have an active role in a multitude of topics from short term to long term. You preferably have an understanding of business models in IP licensing.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these imaging technologies. You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters. A relevant network is a plus.
- You can judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis, and other sales tools.
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams.
- You can talk on technical, legal, and business-related matters.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (can occasionally be up to 20% of your time)
- You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.