Skills Development Specialist imec.IC-link
Join us to train our customers in IC design and fabrication - bring your technical knowledge to diverse audiences.
SectorKnowledge & Learning
Imec.IC-link helps start-ups, SMEs and established OEMs as well as universities realize their ideas in silicon by providing low-cost prototyping, volume production and system integration of electronic assemblies. Our world class industrial service experts in nanotechnology offer tailored support across the entire IC value chain, from imagination to mass production, and collaborate with leading partners in the semiconductor ecosystem. Our highly experienced ASIC development team realizes over 600 successful tape-outs per year across all our supported technologies (CMOS, GaN-on-SOI, Si and SiN photonics). Imec.IC-link is based in Leuven, Belgium and is a TSMC value chain aggregator for Europe, North America, Brazil and India.
What you will do
- You will be responsible for developing technical content for trainings and setting up training programs focusing on both academic and commercial entities. The majority of those training courses should be centered on ASIC design capabilities and semiconductor process technologies.
- As a Skills Development Specialist, you will not only be responsible for developing the training courses, but also develop the strategic plan for upskilling and reskilling people in the semiconductor domain. The latter will be done in close collaboration with the other partners in the EUROPRACTICE initiative.
- You will be responsible for building partnerships with other training course providers, such as design tool vendors, design IP providers and our customer ecosystem. Your open communication, enthusiasm and drive will be key to create a strong network and reach your goals.
- You will seek for constant improvements of both the quality and speed of our innovations and services. We will count on you to bring new ideas and help implementing them.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a MSc or PhD degree (or equivalent by experience) in the area of microelectronics, electrical engineering, physics, applied physics, or a closely related discipline.
- Experience with ASIC design. Experience in the use of multiple of design flows/tools is an asset.
- Affinity with simplifying complex information and bringing it to a multidisciplinary audience.
- Enthusiastic and “always improving” mentality.
- Customer driven.
- Excellent networker and communicator with good presentation skills, and ability to work with varied audiences.
- Strong analytic skills, flexible and result driven.
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.