Senior Silicon Photonics Laser Engineer
Join the 3D and Silicon Photonics team at imec’s R&D headquarters located in the heart of Europe and help in revolutionizing next-generation silicon integrated photonics!
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Your mission as a Senior Laser Engineer in the 3D and Si photonics team is to lead the integration of InP and GaAs laser devices into imec's Si Photonics platforms on a wafer-scale level. This involves laser device design, simulation, layout, data analysis, and qualification.
- You will work closely with imec's process integration, assembly, test, and reliability engineers, as well as external suppliers and tool vendors, to ensure smooth project execution.
- You will serve as the main point of contact for the development of imec's Si Photonics Laser Integration activities, maintaining communication with key internal and external customers. Additionally, you'll collaborate with the program management team to help define imec's laser integration roadmap.
- Coordinating laser reliability assessment and improvement activities is also part of your role. Working alongside imec's reliability experts, you'll identify failure modes and propose solutions to enhance the lifespan of devices.
- You will be responsible for reporting the results of your work to internal stakeholders, including peers across teams, groups, and units, as well as external stakeholders like imec customers, core partners, and the scientific community.
- Staying up to date with the latest advancements in your area of expertise and benchmarking imec's solutions against the state of the art is essential.
As a Senior Laser Engineer, you will play a crucial role in advancing imec's Si Photonics technologies and contributing to the success of the team's projects.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for an ideal candidate who has/is:
- A PhD, master’s degree, or equivalent industrial experience, with a specialization in semiconductor device design, process technology, and characterization.
- At least 3 years of experience in designing, simulating, and characterizing III-V semiconductor lasers.
- Bonus points for experience with silicon photonics.
- Additional advantages for candidates with experience in Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis.
- An enthusiastic team player, capable of solving complex problems independently in a fast-paced and challenging environment, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent project planning and execution skills, with the ability to handle complex, multi-disciplinary projects and ensure timely and high-quality completion.
- Comfortable working in an international environment where English is the primary language.
Remember, we are excited about your potential and eagerness to grow. So, if you are not sure you meet all the criteria, don't let that stop you. We'll be there to support your development with our training programs.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.