Senior Electronic HW System Engineer
Lead electronic system design and development as support for one or more research groups in imec
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
The group Electronic Assembly (EA) in the department imec Solutions focuses on supporting imec's research in the development and manufacturing of Electronic Systems. Besides industrial services, EA as industrialization group supports the TRL-uplift (Technology Readiness Level) of different imec groups in the domain of health care, wireless and smart (energy) systems, flexible electronics, etc.
The Electronic Assembly (EA) group within imec Solutions is active in the development of high-performance / high complex electronic products in all domains of the industry. It designs product demonstrators, prototypes and assists customers with manufacturing challenges. You get the opportunity to be instrumental in the growth trajectory of the imec.solutions department, assisting imec R&D groups in the realization and industrialization of their knowledge and components.
In this job, your main activities will be:
- You lead electronic system design and development as support for one or more research groups in imec.
- Your broad electronics knowledge allows you to translate customer requirements into system requirements and system architecture. You succeed in aligning the departments building blocks with the customer needs.
- Together with a team under your guidance, you are responsible for the development of the electronics, from the system design, over the different design phases, to prototype and production phase.
- You report efficiently to all stakeholders: customer, management, engineering team, project partners, and you are result driven and want to get the job done.
- Your tasks also include hardware design: components selection, electrical calculations, schematics drawing, layout specifications, layout review, lab measurements and prototype debugging.
- You work intensely together with our customers (imec or industry) and with the other members of the project team to realize the system. Next to that, you have frequent contacts with partners and suppliers.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in electronics engineering
- You have strong experience in system architecture design, analog and high speed digital hardware design (CPU, FPGA, SoC, Ethernet, USB, PCI, SerDes,...) preferably with the focus on analog design, low noise, Signal Integrity, high speed data, ...
- You work professionally, structured, striving for the objectives to achieve a high quality ‘First Time Right’ process / product.
- You enjoy working in a multicultural team.
- You have excellent communication skills that allow you to report efficiently to management, to motivate the engineering team and to involve partners to the project.
- You speak/read/write fluently English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You have a minimum of 10-15 years of industrial experience in a similar function, as technical project manager or team leader.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.