Senior Digital ASIC DFT engineer
Take part in design activities and supervise the DFT aspects of larger projects
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec IC-link’s digital front-end design team is supporting internal research groups and external customers with digital design and implementation services in a myriad of application domains.
You will be part of a team of digital designers, working closely with imec research teams in Belgium and the Netherlands and with our customers and partners worldwide.
Your tasks will include:
Discuss and extend specifications with the customers especially regarding test insertion.
Be the prime technical communication channel with the customer regarding ASIC synthesis, test insertion and testpattern generation
Take part in and/or supervise design activities, as there are
- Propose and implement design-for-test structures (MBIST, boundary scan, compression, at-speed test).
- Experience with a hierarchical DFT flow is a must.
- Create or adapt constraints and power intent files
- Synthesize the design (with or without power intent file)
- Perform logic equivalence checks
- Perform power estimations
- Create ATPG vectors for different fault models (SSA, IDDQ, bridging, transition delay...)
- Run functional and ATPG pre - and post layout simulations
- Adapt the internal scripting environment with gained knowledge
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for a self-motivated and creative team member; a quick learner eager to share his/her knowledge. In this position (s)he should have a good understanding of the ASIC (low power) design flow, all aspects of DFT as well as the tools involved. System architecture knowledge and awareness of the IP available on the market would be an asset.
- You have a Master or bachelor’s degree in electrical/Electronic Engineering with a strong emphasis on digital design/implementation.
- You are interested in working in a flexible service environment.
- You are enthusiastic about contributing to a customer’s goals.
- The imec environment requires a flexible and enthusiastic team player with good communication and reporting skills.
- The day-to-day contact with people from all over the world makes fluency in English a necessity.
- Knowledge on IP integration is an asset.
- Knowledge of a programming language like Python is also an asset.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.