Senior Device R&D Engineer
Develop and integrate Logic Devices into imec logic flows, and optimize them for performance, reliability, mismatch, yield, and manufacturing.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
In this position you will both develop and integrate Logic Devices into imec logic flows, and optimize them for performance, reliability, mismatch, yield, and manufacturing. All aspects of Logic Devices development are covered, from specification based on customer input until qualification.
The Compute Device R&D team is looking for a senior device engineer who will be responsible for:
- Quantifying the trade-offs between various device parameters, generating and exploring novel solutions to meet and solve the demands for continued performance improvements in MOSFET transistors and small circuits like SRAM fly cell or Ring Oscillators.
- Establishing e-test metrics and criteria of a device based on required application specs.
- Communicate and clearly identify the performance as well as debug failing elements.
- Work with design and test engineers to propose, refine, and validate design features that enable cost effective array characterization.
- Interaction with customer will also be a facet of this position in order to define technology requirements and parametric goals reporting results and step-up plans.
- Use understanding of semiconductor device physics to project, quantify and benchmark performance of a device with best known solutions in literature/academia, and industry best in class especially in the field of advanced RMG Gate Stack.
- Work with various business units such as the Advanced Technology Platform department and component research.
- Activities include some semiconductor device test and measurement, thorough data analysis of relatively matured technology, transfer of best practices used in the industry to a research environment, support to advanced gate stack activities, TCAD device simulation, communication in a team environment.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold a Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering, Solid State Physics or any other relevant engineering physical science discipline or you justify of at least 5 years of experience in device characterization and simulation in the semiconductor industry for N28 and beyond.
- You have some experience in the semiconductor industry and had carried out MOSTFET optimization, if possible, toward small circuits performance tuning (SRAM, Ring Oscillators, ...) either by real silicon or by TCAD tools.
- We are looking for your strong abilities in data analysis and fundamental understanding of unit process and module interactions.
- We value your experience with Design of Experiments leveraging Statistical software: JMP, R ... and scripting language: Python, ...
- We appreciate your strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need.
- We are looking for your good communication skills - both written and verbal and strong team player mind with the ability to work well within cross-functional and global teams.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.