Senior Circuit Expert for Advanced RADAR and Sensor Fusion
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
The successful introduction of robotics (everything between robo-taxis and household robots) will depend highly on the availability of reliable multi-sensor solutions that allow them to safely move around in our cities and homes. At imec, we are preparing these, built around our advanced RADAR, LiDAR and vision sensor technologies, and leveraging neuromorphic (Edge-AI) sensing architectures.
As part of our sensor fusion program, imec develops advanced digitally modulated RADAR systems, which will be your main responsibility. This involves the definition and development of mixed signal multi-chip and multi-technology architectures within a highly experienced and close-knit team of experts in software, digital system design, signal processing, analog circuit design, device development (e.g. III-V on CMOS), mixed signal circuit design, heterogenous integration and antennas. You will build further on a solid foundation of expertise that was built up over more than 10 years for 60 GHz, 79 GHz and 140 GHz radars.
Since for our group, sensor fusion is not merely interpreted as a “data problem”, we aim to develop RADAR sensors to be deeply fused with other modalities such as LiDAR, vision sensors, etc. and to operate as a distributed multi-node system with optimized communication and synchronization between them. Besides your responsibility to drive the RADAR development program, you will also be involved in defining a totally unique sensor fusion technology platform in close collaboration with the photonics, imager and communications groups at imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in the domain of analog, mixed-signal, RF or mm-wave IC design or equivalent through experience.
- You have a solid understanding of solid-state devices, analog/RF circuits, mixed signal circuits and system architectures.
- You have excellent knowledge of analog design and verification flows and tools.
- You have a drive to make a difference, have shown a passion for innovation and have been a top performer in your previous roles.
- You can work on your own yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields, combining that with excellent reporting and presentation skills.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.
- Experience with photonics is a strong plus.
- Experience in an industrial context is a strong plus.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.