Senior Business Development Manager
Business owner managing the strategic partnerships for a portfolio of semiconductor Equipment & Material suppliers.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As Senior Business Development Manager, you are responsible for the strategic partnerships in your portfolio of equipment and material companies:
- Build and manage the strategy for a portfolio of equipment and material suppliers in close collaboration with the technical units
- Detect, track and quantify market trends, map imec R&D roadmaps onto market needs and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Develop long term forecasts and business cases to support investment decisions
- Define the go-to-market strategy and collect voice-of-customer inputs to prepare the imec (technical) value proposals in collaboration with the technical units
- Manage the partnership strategy:
- Build and nourish excellent relationships at multiple levels, with R&D and BU’s of customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify opportunities for growth based on the customer roadmaps.
- First business point of contact– escalation path in case of issues (technical & non-technical)
- Trusted partner for (internal and external) senior management stakeholders
- Own the business for the companies within your portfolio:
- Close business deals to ensure imec access to advanced equipment and materials through partnerships
- Grow imec revenues and profitability for companies in portfolio to meet imec targets
- Interface between customer and imec – translate customer feedback in imec actions and opportunities
- Define the imec business model towards suppliers in portfolio: technical value proposition, market opportunity, IP, margins and price setting
- Ensure deal closure in collaboration with technical units, procurement, legal and IP
- Represent imec in customer meetings, or at trade shows and exhibitions; organize and coordinate executive level alignments
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have at least a master’s degree in engineering or exact sciences, preferably with an electronics, physics or material science focus
- 7+ years of experience in business development, product management or product marketing
- You have strong and proven affinity with the semiconductor industry ecosystem, preferably related to equipment and material suppliers and or semiconductor processing.
- You have the ambition to develop the strategy and be the business owner for a portfolio of companies
- You take the initiative in bringing deals to closure
- You have strategic vision and provide your input in strategic proposals.
- You have strong communication and relation building skills to grow partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- You are fluent in English; other languages are an asset.
- You enjoy regular business travel to attend customer meetings and technical conferences: 10%~20%
- You are an enthusiastic team player, but you can work independently and take initiative to get business done
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including financial reporting, customer opportunity management, contractual closures.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.