Senior Analog RF IC Designer
Design and implement ultra-low-power Analog and RF sensor devices to change the way we work and live.
LanguageNederlands - English
SectorElectronics & Engineering
Imec Netherlands has established a world-leading track record on the design of novel sensors for ultra-low-power IoT devices. For instance, our teams continue to develop innovations in environmental monitoring, accurate localization, implantable therapeutics, medical/wearable devices and many other fields. At our HQ in Leuven, Belgium we are world-renowned for pioneering new process technologies in collaboration with industrial foundries and with the broader semiconductor ecosystem. Imec’s research tracks enable unique opportunities for end-to-end innovations.
The IC-design team in imec Netherlands develops innovative solutions for massive and heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices within the internet of things (IoT). We have built various ultra-low-power (ULP) radio IC’s like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth-LE, and also a UWB 6-10 GHz radio tuned towards precise ranging and localization (~6 cm). Besides, we deliver our designs to customers, patent the different inventions and publish our results in renowned conferences and papers (ISSCC, RFIC, DATE, JSSC, etc.). In this position, you will participate in a multi-disciplinary team to make our solutions smarter by adding innovative analog circuits, use RF circuits for sensing solutions, and develop miniature transceivers for IoT and medical/ implantable applications.
What you will do
We need you as a Senior RF Analog IC Designer to be part of our multidisciplinary team to:
- Design and implement ultra-low-power transceiver SoCs including innovative methods and circuits.
- Understand and support (internal or external) customer needs, challenges, and requirements and translate those into solutions to be incorporated into your designs.
- Design state-of-the-art innovative circuits as part of an ultra-low-power wireless system.
- Script and automate design flows.
- Together with the team, you will perform research focused on new technical methods.
- Publish and participate in high-quality reports, contribute to patent applications.
- Coach and guide junior team members to grow their talent, the quality of the work, and the innovative relevance.
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as Digital IC design, Health Research, Photonics, AI…
What we do for you
By joining imec in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low-power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities. For international candidates, we provide support in the relocation process.
Who you are
- BSc, MSc, or PhD degree with 5+ years of industry experience in Electronic Engineering.
- Strong experience in RF and Analog IC Design being part of a multidisciplinary design team.
- Solid understanding of transistors, circuits, transceivers, architectures, control loops and signal integrity is required.
- Experience with designing ≤ 40nm is a must.
- Experience with scripting (phyton, shell scripts) and automation of design flows is a must.
- Experience with tape outs at foundries is a must.
- Experience of Cadence IC6 and chip signoff tools (like Calibre) is a must.
- Experience with ultra-low-power (ULP) designs is a big plus.
- Knowledge of CMOS, FDSOI,; EM simulation is a big plus.
- Previous experience working closely with (internal or external) customers is appreciated.
- Previous experience coaching students or junior designers is appreciated.
- Able to take initiative and responsibility for team’s success, which means thinking pro-actively, working independently and having a creative and solving problem attitude are attributes that define yourself.
- You are someone who has a broad interest across disciplines and who likes to embrace new challenges.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.