Senior analog design engineer – radiation hardening
Design state of the art analog IPs and chip
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec is not only one of the world's leading nanotechnology research organizations but is also one of the most advanced and comprehensive design services partners. Imec's IC-link division has an extensive industrial experience that makes it a trusted partner to provide technical support in the areas of layout, prototyping, fabrication, and the testing of advanced electronic products. Imec IC-link’s full custom analog and library design team is supporting internal research groups and external customers with library design and analog implementation services and is developing radiation hardened IC building blocks for use in e.g. space missions and high-energy physics experiments.
In this job, you will participate in the activities of a team of analog designers. The team is creating and supporting imec’s own Design Against Radiation Effects (DARE) solutions in co-operation with the European Space Agency (ESA). Often close interaction is required with imec’s design and research teams in Belgium and the Netherlands and with our industrial customers and partners. Your responsibilities are:
- Design state of the art analog IPs and chip.
- Perform analog design from specification to documentation on block and top level according to the imec design flow.
- Support the team’s library and layout activities from an analog design perspective.
- Contribute actively to design review meetings on-site and at customer premises.
- Coach junior colleagues and internship or thesis students.
- Keep yourself up to date with the state-of-the-art in analog design flows.
- Communicate with customers and translate their ideas into specifications.
- Provide the business managers with technical input and resource estimates for project proposals.
- Become radiation hardening expert
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with an emphasis on analog design.
- You have at least 7 years of experience in the analog design field.
- You are enthusiastic to work in a service environment and contribute to a customer’s goals.
- You have an excellent understanding of various MOS technologies as well as the analog/mixed-signal implementation flow including schematic design, simulation and full custom layout. You have also a good knowledge of radiation effects on semiconductors and their mitigation techniques.
- You are a self-motivated and creative experienced analog designer, with a proven track record in analog design projects for at least 5 years.
- The imec environment requires a flexible and enthusiastic team player with good communication and reporting skills. The day-to-day contact with people from all over the world makes fluency in English a necessity, both written and spoken.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.