Safety Coordinator FAB-ICS (production / supply chain / facilities)
As Safety Coordinator you optimise the safety culture of the FAB-ICS department: you help develop the organisation, procedures & tools and implement the safety processes in the daily organisation together with the FAB-ICS management team. In addition, you are responsible for safety on imec’s construction sites and for industrial safety during adjustments of technical installations.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do more in detail
Organisational - strategic:
- Work closely with imec EHS to implement their safety strategy within FAB-ICS.
- Manage the strategic roadmap to implement the imec security vision, reinforcing ownership of FAB-ICS as implementer.
- Design of safety processes and procedures, ensuring an appropriate organisation (roles & responsibilities) and supporting tools.
- Assume responsibility, together with the FAB-ICS hierarchy, for implementing the safety processes in FAB-ICS, in which you take the lead for the management and the follow-up of each implementation.
Practical – operational:
- Develop, implement, and follow up the safety and health plan.
- Develop safety documents and safety guidelines and monitor compliance with them.
- Strictly monitor the sites in terms of health and safety.
- Coordinate and, where necessary, modify the safety plan during the execution of the projects.
- At large construction sites, you set up the coordination structure for the safety part.
- Report to stakeholders.
- Coach/lecture/train to share your knowledge and expertise internally. Guide and advise your colleagues regarding safety and health at construction sites and works, infrastructure, modifications to technical installations and facilities, including performing an in-depth risk analysis.
- Actively consult with the project teams, study bureaus, contractors, and site manager.
- Act as SPOC for questions related to health and safety on construction and industrial sites.
- Draw up a post-intervention file.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness, and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in (Industrial) Engineering with strong analytical skills and a passion for problem solving.
- You have recognised diplomas in safety coordination.
- You already have several years of work experience as a Safety Engineer, and you adapt well in a multidisciplinary and multicultural organisation.
- You enjoy the challenge of finding ways to translate the essence of a safety organisation into pragmatic and adoptable procedures and processes.
- Hands-on, supervising start-up meetings, carrying out daily checks and organising prior consultation with stakeholders on site is important to you.
- Diplomacy and clarity in communication have helped you to reach your objectives and particularly to manage change effectively.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.