RF device characterization/modeling engineer
Shape the device technology for future wireless communication with us!
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
The deployment of millimeter-wave 5G and 6G radio systems pushes the requirements on device performance further than ever before. Achieving very high-power efficiency at mmWave frequencies is critical for such applications. While compound semiconductors technologies promise to meet these goals, their low-cost fabrication on a CMOS compatible platform remains challenging. In this context, innovative III-V and GaN transistors compatible with large-scale Si wafers are currently being developed at imec.
In this job, you will characterize these advanced transistors from DC to sub-THz, under small- and large-signal excitations. You will use state of the art equipment and may develop new measurements schemes. You will interpret the results and extract models for these devices. Thereby, you will contribute to understand devices physics and optimize technology developments, and interface with the circuit designers to assess the impact of technology choices at the circuit level. Being part of imec’s RF device integration and modelling team, you will interact with RF experts, and device and process engineers.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a PhD in electrical engineering, material engineering, or applied physics or equivalent through experience.
- You have a strong background in RF characterization, microwave techniques, device physics, modelling, and semiconductor technology.
- Experience with RF or millimeter wave design in III-V technologies (GaAs, GaN, InP) is a plus.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You are creative and like taking initiative; you are persuasive and self-assured, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary..
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.