Researcher nanoimprint lithography
Be a driver for the development of our NIL platform, to serve applications in microfluidics and optics
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec’s Sensors and Actuators Technology department is developing novel process, device and circuit technologies and solutions to enable new applications in a wide array of markets. In this growing R&D activity of non-traditional patterning on various substrates such as glass, silicon, and plastic substrates for integration into tomorrow’s displays, imagers and biomedical we are currently looking for a researcher to strengthen our Nanoimprint Lithography (NIL) activities. She/he will be a driver for the research on our NIL platform, to serve future applications in microfluidics and optics.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide a deep understanding of NIL, combining expertise in materials, master design and hardware operations.
- Translate application requirements into process specifications.
- Assist in writing and preparation of proposals for public funded projects.
- Guide development and daily activities of PhDs, postdocs and master students
- Working on your own within NIL activities in the LAB and FAB
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated researcher, who seizes opportunities and is enthused by new challenges. You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
- You have a PhD degree or equivalent experience in Materials/Electronics Engineering, chemistry, physics, Nano-science/nano-technology or another related field.
- You have extensive knowledge of NIL technology or strong experience with optics and/or microfluidics.
- You are experienced with metrology techniques to characterize sub-100nm lithographic features.
- You have cleanroom experience and knowledge about thin film fabrication techniques,
- You have experience in project writing. You are organized and you can structure a complex project.
- You have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers.
- You take initiative and work on your own, while being part of a team.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.