Researcher MEMS processing and devices
Be the driver for the developments of novel materials and MEMS devices for applications based on ultrasound and microfluidics
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
Imec’s Sensors and Actuators Technology department is developing novel process, device and circuit technologies and solutions to enable new applications in a wide array of market. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a researcher to strengthen our MEMS processing activities. He/she will be the driver for the developments of novel materials and MEMS devices for applications based on ultrasound (US) and microfluidics. Read about haptic technology based on our ultrasound transducer technology platforms.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Investigation of novel materials for MEMS and microfluidics, going from literature review, experiments to characterization
- Development of MEMS devices for US and microfluidic based applications in a cleanroom environment
- Translate application requirements to device specifications and process flows
- Building of experimental electromechanical setups
- Guidance of PhDs, postdocs and master students to leverage the work
- Support in the definition and execution of projects with customers as well as public funded projects
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated researcher, who seizes opportunities and is enthused by new challenges. You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
To qualify for this position, you:
- Have a PhD degree (minimum a Master’s degree) or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering or Nano-science/nano-technology
- Have extensive knowledge of thin film devices and experience with MEMS or microfluidics
- Have cleanroom experience and good knowledge about thin film device fabrication in a MEMS or semiconductor environment
- Have experience in project writing. You are organized and you can structure a complex project
- Have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers
- Can work according to agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to the project schedules
- Take initiative and work on your own, while being part of a team.
- Are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output
- Enjoy working in multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.