R&D Team Leader Silicon Photonics
Join the silicon photonics team at imec’s R&D headquarters located in the heart of Europe and contribute to revolutionizing next-generation integrated silicon photonics!
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- You will be leading one of the Silicon Photonics Device teams in the 3D and Silicon Photonics Device and Component Department (3DSIP_DEV). The team is responsible for modeling, designing, and characterizing silicon photonic devices in the context of the Optical IO R&D program and of various bilateral projects with external customers.
- With your strong background on silicon photonics devices, components, and systems you provide technical guidance to the team on key projects.
- You assign team members to tasks requested by project and program managers after evaluating scope and complexity and by considering available competencies.
- You oversee all the activities carried out by the team, monitor progress and adjust where needed.
- You implement and monitor the HR processes in the team. This includes:
- Translating the corporate/project/program goals into individual performance management target
- Coaching the members of the group towards achieving their goals
- Ensuring a full and fair evaluation and compensation balance of each individual employee as a basis for all HR processes by actively soliciting input from stakeholders of projects where your team members are involved in
- You take care of the individual development of team members in growing their competences aligned to the team needs and to ensure continuity of projects.
- You create a true team atmosphere and create opportunities for information sharing
- You interact closely with your peers, these are your internal customers (project and program managers), managers and team leaders of the integration department and unit process teams as well.
- You communicate status and issues to your peers, customers, as well as the leadership team at imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a Master’s degree (or PhD, preferred) in physics, applied sciences or engineering, best if combined with 5 to 10 years relevant experience in Silicon photonics devices and systems design and characterization.
- You have a proven record of team leading experience and you enjoy leading a team with solid knowledge, clear goals and up to date work planning.
- You are a communicative people manager, able to motivate your team to reach challenging milestones.
- Prior experience in coordinating effort across large teams is a definite plus.
- You have strong organizational skills and show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.