R&D Team Leader for RISC-V SoC Platform
What you will do
The Compute System Architecture (CSA) unit at imec desires to build RISC-V based zetta-scale AI/HPC hardware and software solutions co-designed. We are backed by a broad in-house R&D expertise, creating a new AI computing paradigm that will move the industry forward for many years to come. Designed in tune with advanced silicon geometry, novel communication technology, our architecture provides high-performance AI computing solutions in reliability, security, and power consumption at scale. We analyze emerging usage models, build hardware and software prototypes for data-driven computing hardware capable of zetta-scale performance.
The CSA team is looking for a digital design R&D team leader within the hardware team. With you, we are going to launch the microprocessor with high computing power and energy efficiency that will enable imec to assert its leadership and technological independence in strategic applications for next generation applications such as AI model training, HPC, drug discovery and metaverse processing.
You are motivated by an experience within an industrial research startup unit with fast growth and high visibility, having access to top notch silicon technology (beyond 7nm), a team of technical experts from multiple domains interested in true hw-sw codesign, all in a very competitive international environment.
- Read and analyze the system requirement and architecture requirement documents
- Identify the gap between available IPs and the system requirements; build glue logics or generate the design spec for the glue logics
- Work with other team members on the integration; integrate the design, generate the timing constraints and synthesize the design
- Participate in DFT activities with the DFT service from the product engineering team internally or from the ASIC service
- Work with IP design teams locally or remotely
- Work with verification of the prototypes.
- Work with the ASIC service unit in imec for chip implementation
- Daily line management to the team
- Quarterly individual review with the team members and career planning
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related relevant STEM degree, or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years of digital chip design integration
- At least 4 years specifically in integrating digital designs for complex chip or SoC, including integration, synthesis, STA and DFT related activities.
- At least 2 years of line management
- Experience in RISC-V based system architecture.
- Experience of using tools and script language for automated integration
- Experience of using EDA tools (Synopsys/Cadence)
- (Optionally) experience of script design for automation
- Good organizational, time management and task prioritization skills displayed in your work.
- You work in a structured, transparent, and accurate way.
- You are a team player and enjoy sharing experiences and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your networking skills, creativity, persistence, and passion for what you do are highly valued.
- We are looking for your excellent communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural team and closely with our partners.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.