R&D Scientist Life Science Technologies
Shape tomorrow’s health care technologies
SectorHealth Care - Electronics & Engineering
What you will do
Within imec’s Life Science department, our group’s research activities focus on the development of novel tools for diagnostic health care applications. Current projects vary from lab-on-a-chip systems and PCR devices to the sensing of biomarkers directly in blood. Such technologies require a multidisciplinary approach within a team that has expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry, and surface chemistry. Especially for our protein and assay related work, we are looking for an enthusiastic employee eager to work in imec’s bio-labs to shape tomorrow’s health care technologies. We aim at research at the highest international level and with relevance for the biomedical and pharmaceutical industry.
As an R&D scientist, your main tasks will be:
- Define, analyze, and interpret biological experiments accurately;
- Coach other scientists towards successful experiments for biologically relevant research;
- Bring ideas for setting up new experiments or research projects;
- Independently develop, optimize and deploy research support, as a member of a closely collaborative team
- Work with experimental technical setups and early stage technology platforms
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- For this job, we are looking for a R&D scientist with a strong technical background in the field of protein assays or diagnostic assays in general. We are looking for an outstanding experimentalist who is highly motivated to work in a laboratory environment daily together with our engineers.
- You have a master or PhD in bio-engineering or equivalent by experience.
- You have extensive, in-depth experience of affinity based assays such as ELISA, binding kinetics, biochemistry assay development, etc
- You have experience of working in a research environment and you are planning a career to solve scientific challenges by performing hands-on experiments in a laboratory.
- You have experience in engineering, optics, or electronics or at least a special interest in technology.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
- Prior industrial experience or experience in the field of diagnostics is considered a plus.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.