R&D Project Manager (Process Integration) TIP
This is a challenging and exciting engineering position in a dynamic R&D environment. Do you want to be part of a pioneering project and bring new technologies to the market?
IMEC performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Its staff of more than 5000 people from over 95 nationalities includes over 750 industrial residents and guest researchers.
IMEC Technology Integration and prototyping (TIP) department offers companies to develop and fabricate customized specialty microsystems that cannot be produced in standard CMOS technology. The basis of our CMORE fab is an advanced 0.13µm CMOS platform that runs a 24/7 operation. To do this, we have added platforms for processing of various CMOS imagers – hyperspectral, backside illuminated, embedded CCD-, MEMS and NEMS, photonics, and microfluidics chips. We are able to tune our technology to the demands of the customer and develop the technology flow for both prototypes and low-volume production.
More specifically, you will be working in IMEC’s Optical and Fluidic Technologies Group (OFT), in the Life science and Sensor & Actuators application area. The OFT Group uses industry standard semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment to prototype innovative devices based on various technologies modules covering applications areas from implantable to genomics and diagnostics:
- SiN and Si photonic
- Microfluidic on Si and glass
- Electrical Sensors based on standard Si technology but enabled by special metal materials
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with background expertise on process integration, familiar with process and module step development, used to work and interface with hardware and process step engineers. Our development projects require the capability to build complex integration flows starting from basic process steps, to follow a strict development plan and realize functional prototypes. Good communication skills and experience in collaborating with design, system and application engineers are required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project management, covering all aspects of planning, execution and reporting.
- Execute process experiments to develop new process steps, modules, follow up lots to achieve functional prototypes
- Analyse in line and end of line metrology and characterization data to select optimal process steps and conditions
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers
- Manage time effectively and prioritize to achieve major milestones
- Adapt quickly to new topics, requests and be opened to learn new subjects
- Work efficiently in a multidiscipline environment with engineers and scientists focusing on design, systems and applications aspects.
The team is looking forward to meet you as a new member to help drive the development of new components with good quality and performance. This is a challenging and exciting engineering job in a young and dynamic R&D environment. You want to be part of a pioneering project and bring new technologies to the market ? We look forward to receive your resume.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or preferably a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field.
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in project management and process integration in a semiconductor environment.
- You have experience in working in a research and development environment involving early prototype development with subsequent transfer to product development
- You have experience in 200mm and/or 300mm process technology, with good knowledge in the deposition, etch, cmp, lithography areas.
- You are experienced in building system demonstrators.
- You show a hands- on approach with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals.
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.