R&D Project Engineer Track High-NA EUV research Lab
Be one of the first R&D Project Engineers to work with the next stage of EUV Lithography tools
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As R&D Project Engineer, you will be the main contact person for the lithography process tool (track) and ensure its performance, in close collaboration with the tool supplier, material suppliers and the rest of the lab staff.
You will also support customers in defining their experimental plans, and frequently work in the cleanroom.
You will start in 2022 with a few months of training at imec Leuven and will complete your training at ASML Veldhoven (NL). From 2023 until 2025, you will work together with a team of 4 imec colleagues both in imec Leuven and in the lab at ASML Veldhoven. Afterwards, you can continue your career at imec Leuven.
- You will work together closely with external customers who want to execute experiments in the lab at ASML Veldhoven.
- You will help to translate the needs of the external customers into a set of clear instructions that the people in the lab will execute to complete the experiment.
- You will follow the experimental work carefully and pay attention to the quality of the work.
- After your training, you are sufficiently familiar with state-of-the-art computerized equipment to evaluate if the equipment works correctly and if it is being used correctly.
- You will carefully track the stability of the coated films and patterned wafers from the litho scanner.
- You will evaluate the test exposures with electron microscopy to define the optimal exposure conditions on the litho cluster.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a real team player, that is open for suggestions from the experimental team, gives constructive feedback to the experimental team, and you report accurately to the external customer. Accuracy and quality are essential in this high-tech environment.
- You have a Master in Engineering or Science (ideally Chemistry);
- Expertise in lithography is key;
- You can work without supervision; you are flexible and proactive;
- You have interest or experience in process development in a high tech cleanroom;
- You are willing to work based in Belgium and to travel regularly (with overnight stays)to the ASML cleanroom in Veldhoven, The Netherlands, for about 2 years, afterwards, you will work in our cleanroom and offices in imec Leuven.
- You work accurately, in a structured way and have attention to detail;
- You are an excellent project planner;
- You are experienced in working with external customers;
- You are a fluent communicator and team player. Good knowledge of English
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.