R&D Project Engineer High-NA EUV research Lab
Be one of the first R&D Project Engineers to work with the next generation of EUV Lithography technology
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
To continue the development of the advanced lithography techniques, imec and ASML are building a joint lab at ASML, Veldhoven (NL), where the most advanced EUV litho scanner and metrology tools will enable the next generation nano-technology process development. To strengthen our team in Veldhoven, we are looking for an R&D project engineer.
As R&D Project Engineer, you will ensure quality and stability of the experiments executed in the lab, in close collaboration with the ASML team. In addition, you will support our customers in defining their experimental plans and frequently work in the cleanroom. You will start your training in 2022 at imec, Leuven and complete this initial phase at ASML, Veldhoven (NL). From 2023 until 2025, you will work together with a team of 7 imec colleagues mainly in the lab at ASML (Veldhoven) and imec.
- You will work together closely with external customers who want to execute experiments in the lab at ASML, Veldhoven.
- You will help to translate the needs of the external customers into a set of clear instructions that the people in the lab will execute to complete the experiment.
- You will carefully track the stability of the steps involved in the lithography process: spin coating in the track and exposure in the litho scanner.
- You will follow the experimental work and evaluate the quality of the results.
- After your training, you will be familiar with state-of-the-art automated equipment to identify processing issues and their root cause.
- You will evaluate the test exposures with scanning electron microscopy to define the optimal exposure conditions on the litho cluster.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a real team player, that is open for suggestions from the experimental team, gives constructive feedback to the experimental team, and you report accurately to the external customers. Accuracy and quality are essential in this high-tech environment.
- You have a Master degree in engineering or scientific area (ideally Chemistry and Materials);
- Expertise in lithography is key;
- Relevant industry experience is plus;
- You can work without supervision; you are flexible and proactive;
- You have interest or experience in process development in a high tech cleanroom;
- You work accurately, in a structured way and have attention to details.
- You are an excellent project planner.
- You are experienced in working with external customers.
- You are a fluent communicator and team player. Good knowledge of English
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.