R&D Project Coordinator Quantum Communication Infrastructure
Coordinate and setup first field trials for a Belgian Quantum Communication Network
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
IMEC is responsible for coordinating the Be-QCI project, which aims to setup the first Quantum Key Distribution network within Belgium. This project is part of a large effort, funded by the European Union, to set up a quantum communication infrastructure spanning the whole of Europe. The project is planned to start Jan 1st of 2023 and involves partners from Academia, Research Institutes and Industry.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project,
- You will set up the field trials (in strong collaboration with project partner Belnet)
- You will explore possible use-cases of the QKD-network together with relevant government actors and industrial partners
- You will represent Belgium in coordination meetings set up at EU-level
- You will oversee the different scientific reseach projects defined within the project and depending on your background might be involved in one or multiple of these academic projects.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology in Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have either a PhD (or master and at least 3 years’ experience) in Telecom, Photonics, Applied Physics or Quantum Optics.
- You have at least notions of quantum mechanics or quantum key distribution
- You have excellent social skills, and you are open to collaborate and interact with a large range of people (academics, industrials and general public)
- You will be expected to travel and commute regularly to the respective consortium partners (imec Ghent Leuven Hasselt, Belnet, academic partners), including occasional EU coordination meetings with international partners.
- You are fluent in English.Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is appreciated.
- This position is mainly based in Ghent and 1 or 2 days in Leuven
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.