R&D Group Manager 3D & Silicon Photonics Packaging Development
Lead this high performing technology development group by enabling imec’s highly trained engineering staff to succeed in delivering complex technical projects to our customers
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Your focus as the manager of this high performing technology development group will be to enable imec’s highly trained engineering staff to succeed in delivering complex technical projects to our customers.
- Your focus on resource planning and professional development is key to enabling an environment which is conducive to a high level of engagement, and productivity within your teams.
- Your background in a variety of technical areas allows you to provide strategic and tactical guidance to technical staff and your management team, to facilitate a “leader as coach” methodology.
- Your prior experience is the key enabler for your role as a technical manager within the department. Your knowledge facilitates a deep engagement in discussions with staff and imec customers regarding “roadmaps”, strategy, in-site, and project planning.
- You’re familiar with key 3D and Si Photonics integration schemes and your confidence in the field enables you to participate in discussing technical issues with diverse engineering teams and senior management.
- You’re keenly interested in the state of the Semiconductor, Advanced Packaging, and Si photonics industries, and maintain a focus on technical vitality and scientific know how. You’re driven to apply this knowledge in benchmarking imec’s key capabilities and performance against the “best” of the industry.
- You engage with teams inside of imec to publish internationally, and to write patents that add value to imec’s technical portfolio.
- You regularly report to your department head, program manager, program director or to the customers on progress and results as well as on new opportunities.
- You will represent Imec in contacts with third parties and representatives for semiconductor players from around the globe for matters that relate to your field of expertise.
- You will operate from imec’s HQ located close to Brussels in the heart of Europe.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We also offer you an attractive salary added with extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care on site, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a PhD or Master degree in science or electrical engineering.
- You have >10 years experience in a semiconductor environment. A background in FBEOL or Si Photonics processing is a significant asset.
- You have several years experience in people management, preferably in a matrixed management organization.
- Knowledge of integration, process development, optical test, electrical test and failure analysis is a significant asset.
- You have experience in presenting scientific results (publications, conferences, seminars).
- You have excellent English communication skills.
- You are willing to work in a multicultural environment.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.