R&D Etch Team Leader
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring team leader having a relevant experience in people management and a strong technical background in semiconductor technology.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- lead, support and guide a team of experienced etch engineers and researchers in a very dynamic working environment.
- set-up challenging and realistic targets and make sure your direct reports receive the necessary feedback to grow.
- monitor the individual performance of the team members by following the progress of the different objectives on a regular basis.
- ensure and promote the development of the team through coaching and training, on both technical and behavioral skills.
- develop the expertise of the team by pushing the exploration of patterning approaches, by assessing etch tool limitations and by promoting the development of new technological solutions.
- guide the team towards a structural way of working with a special focus on the organization of their work, the planification of their experimental activities, the high quality of their output and the excellence of their reporting.
- ensure a constructive cooperation within the team.
- consult and collaborate with your direct manager as well as the other etch team leaders in order to develop a common vision for the etch group.
- lead projects and guide the technical direction to support IMEC program deliverables, Joint Development Programs with imec tool supplier(s), technology transfer activity and customer’s development-on-demand.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Applied Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Material Engineering or Electrical engineering with at least 5-year work experience in the semiconductor industry and preferably more than 2 years in a leadership or management role.
- You have a strong technical background with hands-on experience in etch
- You have a good understanding in the patterning and integration schemes and process steps such as lithography, etch, Thin film for advanced technology nodes
- You have experience with technical problem-solving and the ability to multitask.
- You have experience working with internal and external customers including leading edge semiconductor equipment and/or materials manufacturers.
- You are a team player and flexible in accommodating changing priorities to support business needs.
- You have self-drive and are willing to take ownership.
- You have outstanding English communication skills to work successfully in an international dynamic team environment
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.