R&D Engineer Oxide Thin Films Deposition
Today, progress is driven by the introduction of new materials with novel functionalities as well as innovation in deposition technologies. In Logic CMOS devices but also in advanced memory devices, exploratory materials are introduced. This has led to more stringent requirements for all process steps involved to manufacture these devices. You will be part of the Thin Films group that is responsible for the research, development and characterization of oxides thin films deposition processes in both imec’s 200mm and 300mm pilot lines.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As technical expert, you will be directly involved in imec’s research programs and bilateral R&D projects. You will research and develop ferroelectric oxide thin films in imec’s 200/300mm pilot lines but also in the state-of-the-art laboratory to enable advanced materials for emerging memory and optical applications. The work will be performed in close collaboration with the exploratory materials group as well as integration and device engineers. As part of the material synthesis process, you will also take care of the physical, chemical, structural and optical characterizations of the deposited layers. You will be responsible for the proper definition of milestones, timelines, and ensure the timely execution of the project. You will build up a close relationship with various equipment suppliers to keep up to date of novel technologies and do an early assessment of their potential towards future technologies. You will contribute to the strategy and roadmap of the group.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering.
- You are a professional with working experience, preferably in semiconductor technology.
- You have hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of physical or chemical thin film deposition techniques, in particular MBE or PLD processes knowledge is a strong plus. You are very familiar with thin film characterization techniques.
- You have a good background in emerging materials for semiconductor applications, in particular knowledge of perovskites and/or ferroelectric oxides is an asset.
- You are a real team player and can easily integrate in an international team of professionals.
- You have strong organizational skills and show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assured, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You have excellent English communication and reporting skills.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.