R&D Engineer Dry Etch - Sustainable Semiconductor Technologies & Systems
As a Dry Etch SSTS R&D Engineer, you are responsible to assess greenhouse gases consumption in the etch area, identify the critical applications considering their respective roadmap and build up a strategy to reduce overall gas consumption and the usage of high GWP (Global Warming Potential) gases.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As a R&D Engineer Dry Etch SSTS*, you are responsible to assess greenhouse gases consumption in the etch area, identify the critical applications considering their respective roadmap and build up a strategy to reduce overall gas consumption and the usage of high GWP (Global Warming Potential) gases. You will also have the key task to identify and test alternative gases in collaboration with gas and etch tool supplier. Daily, you will have to interact and work closely with R&D etch experts, the etch engineering and hardware team, the EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) department, the fab as well as the different IMEC programs. Beside a relevant technical background in the semiconductor environment and technology, this role requires strong communication, reporting and organizational skills.
*Sustainable Semiconductor Technologies & Systems
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are strongly motivated by reducing environmental impact
- You have a strong understanding of Dry Etch in logic and memory manufacturing
- You are enthusiastic and self-driven
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented
- You aim for high quality and efficiency
- You know how to manage overlapping projects, keep track of deadlines, and efficiently use your time
- You are a great communicator who is persuasive and good at presenting information of others
- You obtained a PhD in Physics, Materials, Chemistry or related field.
- You are a team player able to work in a matrix organization and influence without hierarchical authority
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.