As a standard cell R&D designer, you will work on the cutting edge of advanced CMOS technologies and you will contribute towards their evaluation and benchmarking, exploring novel standard cell layout methodologies and optimizing their characterization to fully utilize future technologies.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
You will be involved in the research & development of digital circuits for ultra-scaled dimensions. Based on imec's Design-Technology Co-Optimization (DTCO) framework you will interact with process engineering teams to develop digital circuits, mainly standard cell libraries, for advanced CMOS technology nodes beyond the 2nm node. You will analyze trade-offs between process and design requirements to achieve an optimal DTCO driven solution for different technologies. Patterning layout studies as well as circuit electrical evaluations based on early device models will be at the heart of your job. You will also interact with system level designers to ensure a smooth power-performance-area and cost evaluation flow to assess the technology from process capabilities, up to digital system requirements.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- The ideal candidate has a PhD in Electronics Electrical engineering, or relevant field, or a master with at least 3 years relevant industrial experience in standard cell layout
- You have excellent understanding of digital logic circuit design and standard cell layout
- You have solid understanding of advanced semiconductor fabrication processes and devices
- You are detail-oriented but are also comfortable in critical thinking and taking decisions to navigate the changing R&D demands
- You are a capable coder that utilizes the power of versioning and documentation
- Experience with EDA layout tools (Cadence Composer/Virtuoso, Calibre, Hspice) is a must
- Experience with standard cell library characterization is a plus
- You deeply care about customer satisfaction and quality of the delivered results
- You are a strong team player and a good communicator. Sharing the progress of tasks, seeking feedback from your colleagues, and acting as a soundboard, is important to you.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.